Food as medicine is not an out-of-the-box idea now. But back in 2011, it was not conventional thinking. After watching a friend struggle with food-related illness and attending the journey of wellness self-discovery, Christy went on a mission to change the diets of us all. The goal: refocus people away from diets fill with processed foods and bring back health empowerment through food choice . As she says - knowing what you’re eating may be the first step of and most powerful form of medicine.
Join Christy Goldsby, CEO and Founder of Honey Mama's and I, as we discuss how her love of baking, innovating and caring for people developed into a healthy indulgence brand with the express goal of spreading vitality and playfulness into everyone’s life.
Innovation and change doesn’t happen in one moment. - Christy Goldsby
In this episode we learn:
- The genesis of the Honey Mama’s brand.
- How Christy’s health experiences combined with her baking background turned into a passion for caring for people beyond her immediate community.
- How slowing down and being present can be a powerful leadership tool.
- The long-term vision and impacts Honey Mama’s wants to make in the world.
- Why brands producing snacks should innovative and promote healthy snacking.
- How indulgent treats can boost our immune systems to prevent illnesses in more than one way.
- Fundraising during COVID and how Amberstone Ventures is poised to help spread Honey Mama’s vision.
About Christy Goldsby:
Christy Goldsby, CEO & Founder of Honey Mama’s, an award-winning premium melts in your mouth delicious, honey-sweetened cocoa bar in the refrigerated better for you indulgence category. Growing up in a family of cooks, bakers, farmers, and gardeners, the kitchen was always a place of celebration, creativity, nourishment and joy for Christy. She started Honey Mama’s as a way to share these celebrated family traditions, a passion for healthy living, and a love of the natural world. She was determined to create a treat that exudes vitality and playfulness, something you’d as likely take to a formal dinner party as enjoy on the hiking trail or share around a campfire. Made with pure honey as the only sweetener, Honey Mama's are full of everything delightful: bold, deep flavors, and decadent textures and are naturally free from gluten, soy, dairy, and grain, allowing your body to thrive.
Amberstone Ventures - We started Amberstone to support entrepreneurs building breakthrough food and consumer product companies. We partner with brands at their earliest stages, providing the capital and insights necessary to scale efficiently into category leaders.